Am interested to visit the Cu Chi Tunnels whilst visiting Ho Chi Minh City with another 1 or 2 people. What is the most direct and safest way to get there? How much are the costs? How long is the journey? Any other info is much appreciated.
Cu Chi is about 40 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City in Southern Vietnam. The Cu Chi Tunnels are an elaborate underground community made up of 250 km of tunnels and chambers below the city. Having some options for you:
- You will pay 690.000 VND for around trip for 4 seat car within distrance of 120 kms. You will pay extra 7.000 VND / extra 1 meter or you will pay 850.000 VND for 7 seat car and extra 8.000/ extra 1 meter
- You will take bus # 74 from Ben Thanh market to An Suong bus station and from there you will look for another bus to Ben Duoc tunnels
-A multitude of tour buses leave Ho Chi Minh City for the Cu Chi tunnels daily and can be booked by any tourist office. Expect to pay around US$5 (as of October 2014) for a half day guided trip to the Ben Dinh site (not including admission to the tunnels), with 90-120 minutes travel and about 90 min touring the area. Buses mostly leave around 8:00
Vietnam Tour Booking over 3 years agoAnswered by chrisphh
The best way to do that is take a bus to there or faster and more convenience and a little expensive is catch a taxi. over 3 years agoAnswered by anavatuleva
I have just called Vinasun taxi to check the rental for you
Here are the answers
1. How much roughly the taxi price from District 1 HCMC (Pham Ngu Lao area to be exact) to Chu Chi Tunnel? And how long is the journey?
+ Saigon center, District 1- Cu Chi tunnels 60 kms
+ It takes around 1.5 hours to arrive
+ You will pay 690.000 VND for around trip for 4 seat car within distrance of 120 kms. You will pay extra 7.000 VND / extra 1 meter or you will pay 850.000 VND for 7 seat car and extra 8.000/ extra 1 meter
2. Other than taxi, is there any public bus operate between the two places? What number? I don't mind to explore as long as I know roughly where to stop =D
You will take bus # 74 from Ben Thanh market to An Suong bus station and from there you will look for another bus to Ben Duoc tunnels
I think you will spend more or less 3 hours on the bus to arrive tunnels
3. Is there an entrance fee to the tunnel? How much will it cost?
it costs you 75.000 VND for one ticket over 3 years agoAnswered by Aliceteddy
Thanks everyone for your input :) almost 3 years agoAnswered by Allicia Rae